Friday, March 10, 2006

Twins!

I was at the house of a high school friend (who in real life I haven't seen since graduation in '98) and several other of my high school crowd were pregnant. They were all showing off their beautiful baby bumps, and discussing how far along they were. I joined right in.

A.B. (another high school buddy I have entirely lost touch with): "I'm 17 weeks."

Me: "Oh, S. (my fiance) is 18 weeks along (Boys, in my dreams, they can have babies, weeeee!!!!). In fact, oh no! it's noon already! I am supposed to meet him for the sonogram. We're finally going to get to see what sex the twins are (TWINS, oh my!).

A.B.: "Wow, twins! That's incredible"

Me: "Yeah, it's going to be a hard labor, but I'm going to attend all the lamaze classes so that I can be as helpful as possible every step of the way. (Me, grinning madly thinking about all the pain that I won't have to endure).

A.B.: "But how are you going to feed them."

Me: (Clearly, my subconscious is now struggling to make sense of the dream scenario it has concocted) "Um, ah, um, well with twins it's tough to keep up with their demand anyway, so we're going with formula." (Weeeeeee, I've figured out the solution, men can have the babies and we can avoid the whole pumping issue entirely)

Sherry mentions the way that breast-feeding automatically changes the ability of parents to equally share certain infant duties. Clearly, my subconscious couldn't agree more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home