Saturday, June 18, 2005

Splash...Another Post on Southern Living

Last week I experienced HOT. Not as in Paris Hilton hot, but as in I can't move an inch without sweat seeping out of every orifice on my body. However, because of the noticeably higher temperatures experienced here in the south, buildings with pools are more plentiful. Here, you don't have to be extraordinary to have an apartment with access to a roof top pool, ie: our new place is equipped with this amenity. And what an amenity it is!

Today, for the first time, I exploited the roof top in all of its sunny glory. Granted, the pool is only slightly larger than the turtle-decorated one I splashed about in when I was three, but none the less, it was splendid. I read, I people watched, I glimpsed other roof top enclaves, I sipped iced tea, and I cooled off in the pool.

I had nowhere to be. Nothing I _had_ to do. No one I should have been calling or caring for. I can't imagine that life will ever be this simple again, and I'm soaking it up with the rays while I can.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it''s fucking gorgeous.

12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home