Monday, May 30, 2005

Uh Oh

Overheard in the airport:

"So that means my bags are headed where?"

"But we didn't hear the final boarding call!"

"You have nothing for tomorrow? What about other airports, nothing?"

"I've been here for 6 hours already."

And my very own words: "Uh, I read my reservation incorrectly."

Yeah, that would be me, missing my flight this afternoon. But missing my flight meant that I got to catch up briefly with my dear friend's fiance, return some calls, do some great people watching, and read. Best of all, on my later flight back to DC, I had an amazing seat mate: a woman who has survived cancer, runs marathons, is writing a book, and has traveled the world. In just an hour of conversation, she inspired me. From the two seat mates I had on the trip north and south, I heard about a love affair that began in Algeria, what East Germany was like before the fall of the wall, the difference between San Antonio and Houston, and what underwriting is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home