Tuesday, August 23, 2005

These Shoes Aren't Made for Walking

I've always had a thing for shoes. My mom used to have to drag me away from the rows of jelly shoes in Rich's, and there is rarely a season when I'm free from lust over a particular piece of footwear.

Summer is a particularly nice season for shoe fetishes, primarily because they need not hold up under durress of snow, slush and other inclement weather. Therefore, knock-offs, even those of poor materials, are fair game.

This morning, I wore some very Mariska Barton ked-esque numbers. Kelly green with pin polka dots and a little line of yellow around the gummy bulletin board color sole. I opted for these in favor of flip flops both because they're cuter and because I thought they would give my foot a little more support than the thong/rubber combo. The shoes cost less than $9, no skin off my back.

But oh the skin off my feet! By the time I arrived at class I was already day dreaming about band-aids. Hobbling home this evening my eyes wistfully followed the cushioned, comfortable steps of all those sensible walkers in their sneakers. I'm nursing my bandaged tootsies and banishing the evil knock-offs to the back of the closet where they won't tempt me with their deceptive comfy-cute looks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home