Wednesday, August 31, 2005

The Boogey Man

S. and I had some friends over for dinner tonight. It was great to take a break mid-week and enjoy eachother's company. Now, it's 11:30 and I've done all my work for tomorrow, so all I need to do is brush my teeth, wash my face, and turn out the light.

It's always this time of night when strange, irrational fears creep up on me. Lately, it's been while I am washing my face. I hardly get the first splash on my soap-covered skin when I feel the urgent need to open my eyes and look behind me. I have a creepy feeling someone is sneeking up on me when the running water prevents me from hearing well, and I'm blinded by fash wash. I sting my eyes everynight opening them dispite the dripping lather.

My pulse must climb at least 20 beats everytime I perform this routine part of my day. While there's nothing like an adrenaline rush before bedtime, any tips on beating the boogey man are gladly welcomed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home