Tuesday, January 29, 2008

What's up with that?

So I'm turning 28 on Friday, and I want to celebrate with friends. Do you know how hard restaurants in DC make that? Admittedly, I'm being sort of picky -- I want a place that makes me feel sparkly -- you know, the kind with lighting that makes everyone glow and lots of wine glass clinking for background music. However, at this point I think I'll just ask for a kegger on my 29th. Each restaurant that S. has called requires a pre-set menu with a per person price that exceeds what each person might pay if ordering off of the normal menu, and it's certainly not something that I'm comfortable asking my friends to shell out when they aren't even able to choose what food they'll be eating. I understand the desire to gouge where possible, but this is turning us away. I guess there are plenty of party-goers out there who can just fork it over, but why make it so difficult for the rest of us midlings to eat, drink, be merry and drop a bunch of money at your restaurant?

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Super-Annoying. Zaytinya is particularly notoriously bad about dealing with big groups...but it sounds like you've found an ok compromise?

6:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home