Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Interview: Part I

The lovely Anastacia from Jurgen
Nation
, whose photographs are
stunning and whose dog Jurgen
has stolen my heart, volunteered to do some interviews and I snapped up
the opportunity. Since her questions have provoked lengthy answers (and
because I really should be spending my time studying) I'm going to
respond in parts.

Anastacia: What were your favorite cartoons as a kid and why? Part B: Which ones did you hate and why?

Ms. Runner: Mmmmmm,
cartoons. Such an indulgence. I was allowed 2 hrs on Saturdays and I
remember coming away from the TV with headaches from watching so
intently. One of my favorites was Inspector Gadget. Loved the gadgets,
loved Penny -- especially her cool watch, and of course loved Brain.
There was enough suspense to keep me glued, but nothing too scary ever
happened. At the end, I could always laugh off Dr. Claw's menacing
"I'll get you next time Gadget!" followed by that poor cat'sscreech as he slammed his fist down. I still wonder, what does Claw look like from the front?

Another
personal favorite was the Smurfs (I guess I'm a sucker for catchy intro
tunes, and also mushroom houses). I even visited the cartoon museum in
Brussels a few years ago and learned a bit about their creator. However, the dreadedGargamel featured largely in my only recurring
childhood nightmare. He would emerge from the woods behind our house
and barf all over my favorite dress, my response was to yell to my
father (who was raking leaves while the drama unfurled), "Run Dad! Save
yourself!" Anyway...

Cartoons I hated included Ghostbusters, Scooby's Mystery Funhouse, and Beetlejuice.
The unifying theme there? Fear. Yes, I know that they are cartoons, and
I know that they amused countless 7 yr old children, but me? I was
afraid.

I almost forgot...if you want to play the interview game, here are the easy-peasy rules:

1. Leave me a comment saying, “Interview me.”
2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. I get to pick the questions.
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home