Sunday, April 29, 2007

Oh but I am Young

S: Get out of the driver's seat, I'm driving to the airport.
Me: (responding to a tone that I don't like) No way, the seat and mirrors are already adjusted for me from last night. Besides, I'm already sitting here. Just give me the keys and let's go.
S: Are you serious?
Me: This is just taking more time. Plus, you're the one being dropped off. This way I don't have to re-position everything to turn around and drive home (by myself, which is the state I will live in for the next month while you cavort on your last rotation in Canada surrounded by friends and family...did I mention that I will be ALONE. Here. Without you (cue violins).
S: Fine.
Me: Fine.

Later on the phone....

S: Are you going to apologize?
Me: What? We are equally at fault there. We were both being stubborn for no reason (except that anger is easier than sadness sometimes). It was a stupid ego battle.
S: You're right.
Me: (unable to stop myself) And I won that one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home