Saturday, October 15, 2005

Memories

Yesterday, having succumbed to the power of the ultimate distraction, the Internet, I was looking at pictures from my friend A.'s wedding. The wedding was in Maine on one of the last days I was up there before starting law school. It was beautiful. The perfect day flowed into lavenderar evening lit by glowinChinesese lanterns and glittering smiles.

Her parents own a 200-yr old red shingled cape on a bunch of land, and so the wedding was in the front yard, cocktails in the side yard, and a sit down dinner under a tent next to the house. I spent a lot of time at this house growing up, and so coming out of the front door as a bridesmaid, seeing the place where I used to play horses with A., remembering hiding in the tall grass when my mom came to pick me up, having tea parties in the playhouse down the hill...well, it was something.

And last night, the pictures inspired warm memories and a heightened sense that those pictures captured a moment in time. A moment that I will always look back on fondly, and a moment that at once summarizes how young we still are, and how grown up we've become.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home