Monday, October 03, 2005

Red Leather

This weekend was the first outing for me and my new jacket. It was an impulse purchase, and marked down 80%. It's fitted, and red, and leather. There is something slightly 30s about it, not the time period, but the age. It doesn't have shoulder pads, but I still associate leather jacket, shirt and jeans with something an "older" person would wear. It's distinguished from the tube tops that dominate the younger end of the decade I'm in.

But I love it.

From drinks and dinner with friends, to a house party later in the evening, compliments and comments followed the jacket. Among them: "you look like a firefly", "look at this! sexy", "feel how soft this is", and more than one "wow." Once in a while, especially when burned out from studying, it's fun to put on some spirit, and wear it for a night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home